Are you looking for a delicious breakfast recipe? The custard yogurt toast would be a great fix. Can we say it’s worth the hype? Well, let’s say it’s a hit on the internet. The custard yogurt toast is a quick breakfast fix for anyone short on time. It isn’t overly sweet and is also pretty wholesome. The response has been tremendous. The video has been posted worldwide and has received over two million views on Instagram and Tiktok.” Nothing too fancy when it comes to the ingredients. It simply needs Greek yogurt, eggs, bread, and maple syrup. You can also use a topping of your choice, chocolate or fruit. So, can we settle on dessert for breakfast without sacrificing all the vital nutrients? I can’t think of a better way to start my day. Follow the steps below. It leads you to custard yogurt toast heaven.
Slices of soft bread (depending on size and thickness)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2-3 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Handful fresh raspberries or blueberries
- Dark chocolate chips
- Optional garnish with a drizzle of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Combine the egg, yogurt, and maple syrup in a small bowl to make a liquid custard.
- Press into the center of the bread with your fingers or the back of a spoon to indent and make a well without piercing through it.
- Fill the indent well with the custard mixture, then top with your toppings.
- Place on an oven tray with baking paper and bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on your oven strength)
- The custard should be set and caramelized on the edges when ready. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy your fun Custard Yogurt Toast!